Discuss GEC Nightstor boiler system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - I'm in the process of buying a 2 bed, ground floor flat that seems to have only electric supply and currently runs an ancient GEC Nightstor storage boiler system that supplies a wet radiator system. Kitchen and bathroom taps seem to run from this, but the shower is electric.

Is anyone familiar with the GEC Nightstor system? It seems pretty dated! If so, would I be able to run a wet underfloor heating system from this? And is there any reason not to have the shower running from this? I hate electric showers, in my experience they just dont have the flow of a decent plumbed system!

If I replace the nightstor, any recommendations on what the current most efficient electric boiler systems are? The nightstor heats a big block of ceramic bricks which take up about a metre cube in the kitchen which ideally I'd do without. There are radiators plumbed in, although Ive had wet underfloor heating before and liked it.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2659.JPEG
    IMG_2659.JPEG
    353.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2661.JPEG
    IMG_2661.JPEG
    317.3 KB · Views: 8
Hyndburn Engineering provide support for these, and are probably well placed to advise on your options.
(no personal experience of them)

I have a GEC Nitestor 100 central heating system. Whilst all the downstairs radiators are functioning correct, those upstairs remain cold. All rads have been bleed and the header tank is working. Any solutions on how to fix

Reply to GEC Nightstor boiler system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Back