Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liam

Hello everyone,

got it my first gas safe inspection for my own company tomorrow. Is there anything to look out for? Will the inspector ask me to carry certain test or safety checks?

Thanks

usely Tightness test, and use analyser, may get question on action levels, always ask one on ventilation

they just hang around,chew the fat,make sure you are sorting out the weeds from the flowers correctly,making sure you know ya belis perennis from ya cirsium pannonicum...ask a few questions like....when did bp first discover natural gas....start of the unit of energy...who,when and were .what is the difference between a centipede and a millipede and infact how many legs does it have...should take your mind off inspection for a while

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct setup of boiler, including high max and minimum settings, correctly filling in benchmark, cp12 everybox has a tick, n/a or no.

They are very experienced people so if you dont know. Just say.
Like most i dont think they like flannel.
Gas rates etc.
I got asked loads on fire types and clearances etc

have the books to hand if you dont know look it up but generally they want to know you can do a gas tightness bp and rate they like to see a can of ldf used
one asked me if i had an earth bond and i got the jump leads out of the van
another asked me if i knew what was in parragraph 6 section 7 of the gusit and i told him to pee of

Ventilation is high on their list. Like other have said know where it is in your books... Don't panic

With my first one the guy ask me lots of 'how far should that flue be from there' sort of question but the night before I had my head in the books, and when I ask the guy should the cooker hood be 750 mm or 760 mm from the the hob (I tried to take in too much info the night before) he smiled and said he would have to check that one, from that point on it was just friendly.
relax, keep calm,remember your stuff and you will be fine,,,, I did not know that my palms could sweat !!!

Mine coming up soon too so thanks for the inputs...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock