Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe inspection-urgent feedback needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan2015

Can anyone help me please I have just registered with gas safe and have a inspection on Friday 2 weeks am really worried I don't know what the inspector is going to ask me, am going to show him a boiler installation what will he ask me and how can I prepare myself am really worried the last thing I want is be thrown of the register.

Mate don't sweat it. Make sure you're rock solid on your basic gas safety. Let by and tightness test, LDF, temporary earth bond as needed.

When you discuss your install, be ready to explain why you made the decisions that you made. He'll be more interested in checking you're thinking about gas safety than in throwing you off the register.

Good luck and keep calm.

Good advice Mas

theyre there to help you not catch you out

the worst that can happen if their not sure is they will put you on probation for another 3 months but i think you would need to be pretty bad for that to happen generally they will want to see a gas test gas rate and they might ask a few random questions mostly they focus on real basic stuff and as said they are usually helpfull

If you can pass your ACS you will be fine. Make sure you have paperwork like warning notices, AR/ID stickers, CP12 if you do landlord gas safety checks. He will want to see analyser (and calibration cert) temporary earth clamps, manometer, paste etc etc.

He asked me a few questions like talk him through a tightness, how to do a gas rate, what to do in an unsafe situation. Nothing to catch you out.

I didn't have anything to show them when they came out as I only had done a few services and because I had 3 inspections cancelled and left it too late and couldn't get anyone in so he asked a few more questions. They will know within a few minutes if you are just nervous or unable to do the job so just relax have a cup of tea and a chat.

I think the first thing I said to my inspector was "your busy down here seeing all the prosecutions in the gas mag, do you want to pass the customers my numbers and I will sort it"

Revise pipe sizing and make sure you only have a 1mb drop over working pressure. Mine was mad for that.
He also hit me with loads of questions about fire types and distances.

A lot depends on inspector & how much time he's got, Flueing is a favourite one probably get you to do a tightness test / Gas rate will definitely get you to use a Analyser

thanks for the replies, my inspection is on a 2 weeks Friday 1pm, am ok with gas rates, tightness test, vent area calculation, am unsure on flue analyser correct me if am wrong O2 is 20.9, ratio for room sealed boiler is 0.008, does the Co have to be below 8.9 and what would this be in PPM? and is there anything else I need to watch u for

Mate don't panic , you don't have to remember everything, just be honest when he asks you anything ! just say not sure , would you mind if I just look it up to double check,

if the manufactures say the ratio should be below 0.004 and I got a reading on a vokera excel 25 for 0.0012 would this be a good reading?

Yes its below 0.004 end number would keep going up until it went to 0.002 and so on [0.0021 0.0022] see how its going

Had mine a few eels ago. I worried a lot about it , the thought of getting it wrong, being kicked out etc. When it did happen I didn't have to have worried so much. He had a lot of questions for me to answer but these were all GAS SAFE questions not about how do you fix this boiler ? It's more like if you were in this situation what would be the course of actions you would take. I had to do a tightness test , gas rating and standing/operating pressure at the meter. Then went from checking the meter to testing hob, then onto doing a gas analysiser test on the boiler and flue check. Irony was there was at least one NCS on all of them

It all depends from inspector. If you have accomplished successfully your gas safe course you should be fine. Remember to explain everything you did while installing your boiler - these inspectors are to help you so make sure if you don't know the answer - you will be able to find this answer somewhere and resolve the problem. Ipad with boiler manuals and internet will be useful. if you can find information you don't know you will be fine.
Make sure your toolbox is full....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe inspection-urgent feedback needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock