Search the forum,

Discuss Gas meter no supplier! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steven

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello, working on a couple of flats with prepay cards. No cards and not listed with any suppliers! Any ideas where I go next.

no where!

needs a gas contract with the owner or tenant.
you could take card of the same type (from a friend) to shop and see if you can get a tenner on it?

Thank you for replying no cards! They have been empty for 4-6 years.

someone needs to set them up and pay for some cards or get the meters swapped for credit meters

someone needs to set them up and pay for some cards or get the meters swapped for credit meters

cant without signing for gas contract!

all you need to do is identify the card or key, find someone with same or buy one at shop. top it up and put it in!!!!
i could call there and use one of mine, dosnt matter whos it is only that the credit is paid for.
simples

all you need to do is identify the card or key, find someone with same or buy one at shop. top it up and put it in!!!!
i could call there and use one of mine, dosnt matter whos it is only that the credit is paid for.
simples
unless there is no gas to property then you have a very long lunch break in which case i walk from the job for a couple of weeks or so!!.
take meter off and test for gas first.

simples
Thankyou will pass info on to landlady many thanks.

simples

never paid for someone elses gas yet, get the landlady to sort it at her expense not your problem

I am not paying, just trying to help. LL lives off shore.

Cards are not interchangeable as they are coded to each meter. That means you cant use another customers card to top up a meter that belongs elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas meter no supplier! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock