Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Fire Service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all,

I serviced a fire earlier (valor firelight 328), charged the bloke £55.00, did the job all above board - full strip down, drop test paperwork etc.
When having the usual chit chat he told me he had quotes ranging from £80.00 - £100.00 - Had one at £120.00.
Basically my question is am I charging to little for my servicing of the appliance or are the other quotes a bit on the pricey side? I have only been self employed for 6 weeks and have only worked in social housing before this so have never dealt with the pricing side of the business.

cheers

tom

its what you can get in your area, for a combi no faults i go for £55 and with a fire Id add 25 -30 after all your there anyway, but any problems and wack on extras. seems cheap to some but its the areaim in!

as old plumb says its dependent on area i get £45 combi,£55 bbu and a fire while your there £25-30 thinking of moving to Birmingham though LOL would not get away with that in wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Fire Service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock