Discuss frozen pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raypr

The copper pipe carrying the mains water supply from outside freezes occasionally and is lagged. I seem to recall that something can be fitted externally to this pipe which prevents freezing. amI dreaming?

where do you think it freezes... inside your property or underground leading to your property?

What's it doing outside? The mains coming in should pop up inside the house.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You can use trace heating, but a better solution is to reroute the pipe so that it enters the building below ground and comes up inside. The pipework you have at the moment actually contravenes water regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to frozen pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
Dear all, We were disconnected by our gas supplier. We have no managed to find the money to clear the bill. They have told us it will take 10...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock