Discuss Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumbersMate

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had an emergency call out today, leaking mains under screed and tiled floor. My question is it too much of a risk to run a new cold externally rather than dig up the customers beautiful kitchen?

Yes, and I'm sure mains have to be a certain depth untill it enters the building.

It's after the stopcock and its only to feed one sink and dishwasher rest of the house is fine basically it tees off the mains straight after stopcock and runs straight under solid concrete floor.

Yes, and I'm sure mains have to be a certain depth untill it enters the building.
Sorry didn't explain it properly the incoming mains is all fine but after the stopcock it tees off to feed a kitchen sink and dishwasher under the floor on this run there is a leak

See what you mean. But it's still to risky to run outside.

No other way to route internally? Wouldn't contemplate running outside to be fair

Think the least upheaval would be up, through the floorboards upstairs but even that will be a nightmare

Could you run it under the kitchen units? Or cap it where it tees off and take a new feed from somewhere else.
Personally I would not even think of running it outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Frost Protection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My boiler was kind of new & installed last year July, I know there's build-in frost protection. Also, there's an old external frost...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock