Discuss from water leak to low then high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qwintik

Worcester greenstar heatslave 18/25 internal oil boiler.
Last week the pressure dropped very low over a few days, took door off, shone torch inside and big drip drip drip on water pipe, so I let it go cold and nipped up the nut. Good no more leak.

But pressure rose quickly to 3 bar and I investigated the next day when boiler was cold but pressure down to almost zero.
I pressed the nipple on the pressure vessel and a tiny spit of water came, I checked the vessel's pressure which was zero.
Ordered a new pressure vessel and pvr and they came today, sadly the wrong pvr.
Anyway as I did not think pvr had actually blown I fitted the pressure vessel and filled the system up to 1.3 bar, switched the boiler on only to see the guage slowly rise to almost 3 bar when I switched it all off.

Please tell me what I probably did wrong!

Please tell me what I probably did wrong!

Didn't call an oftec registered engineer
decided plumbings easy
misdiagnosed problem
used the wrong remedy
Likely Ordered parts which were not needed

Pretty sure no ones going to give you a solution because clearly you like having a play with a boiler yourself!
get an oftec registered engineer to repair it and give it a proper service :)

So how much have you spent to date?, cos them exp vessels aint cheap.

So much cheaper to get an experienced engineer. Might not even need a part wink wink :)

I would have replaced the vav before the pvr. But I'm an experienced oftack engineer

You made a common mistake, you didn't ring an engineer, - probably simply to save money or perhaps you have had bad experience with a previous engineer, or maybe both.
We all have done it before - decided we can do some other trades work, bought parts, tools & wasted time & discovered we didn't know enough when it was too late.
Put it down to experience & get a decent engineer to sort it. Sometimes an engineer can diagnose & fix several things wrong on a boiler for only a few pounds, which is less than you may have wasted already.

Thanks for polite answer, we are north east also TS9, are you close for call outs and btw what is a vav?

Post a new thread here......

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

I cover Stokesely area. Call 01347 868656 if you need assistance

Whpes, is that pie shop still open ? Petch pies....... I would walk to TS9 for a pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to from water leak to low then high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock