Search the forum,

Discuss Flushable wipes in the toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Johnno

I use flushable wipes and I know that there has been previous advice not to flush them but it says a new and improved design allows them to be flushed. This morning I woke up and the toilet water level had risen with some wipes there too. I have cleared the block and flushed several times and it is back to normal. Could the water rise again? I live in an apartment.

There was a court case a few years ago that a Company said their wipes were flushable.
Can't remember the Company - nor the people who took them to Court.

But the outcome was the wipes were flushable.
No mention to what they were doing to peoples drains nor the Council / Sewerage Providers drains.

Keeps plenty of Plumbers in business clearing out drains where wipes have clogged them.

From memory, the case come down to are the wipes flushable.
It was determined that the wipes are flushable.
What happens to them in the drains, does not make them non- flushable.

Reply to Flushable wipes in the toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock