Search the forum,

Discuss flowing water noise in designer rad & power flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billyfergy

hi guys, some comments please. i have just carried out a system clean in my own place, having used sentenal flushing chems a few days ago and left to circulate, due to the rad in the spare room having a major cold spot bottom center, i dosed via the f e tank after dropping the level down via one of the drain cocks, as we are in a bungalow all feeds drop down from loft and all have drain cocks. i recharged system, turned all rads off then one at a time with the boiler turned up a bit i ran it through each one for 20 min till no cold spots with the help of a few bangs from the heel of my hand, you could hear the crap being dislodged as this was happening. then yesterday it was time to replace with clean water and inhibitor so i duly drained down each leg using my wet vac and a hose to clear. then recharged and bled the system all seems fine good flow and heat output.
its just the rad in the bathroom which is a cooke and lewis tall 4 flat ber chrome rad with mirror in center(girl friends choice)fitted 18 mths ago, when the pump starts up you can hear the water trickle in as if the is air in it but ive completely vented it, would appreciate your thoughts on this guys, as there are no other probs with the system now all rads have trv's except this one. ?????????????????????????

As you may have guessed im kinda new to this side of plumbing having mainly done sinks and the like for my kitchen installation bussiness, but due to the charges the big blue gas company make for power flushing(£599 min) ive had a few enquires about doing that for some of my customers and was considering purchasing a machine for said process but my daughter has brought her wedding forwad 6 months so a bit streached on the cash front, My question would be what are the pitfalls of providing this service and is there some kind of disclaimer they should sign before you start each job. your thoughts and comments will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

If you've no experience of heating systems don't think about flushing other peoples. It will be okay until something goes wrong and you won't know whether the problem is down to you or poor system design.

Had problems with similar tall rads while back spoke to manufactures and they said turn them off drain a bit out the rad and refill with a valve slightly open to fill it slowly, dont know why it worked but it did

dont know if i'm speaking to soon but it seems all ok now havent touched it, and no noise now maybe there was a pocket at the top of one of the flat panels, either way fingers crossed its all good and toasty now. thanks

The reason for some heating systems needing power flushing are that they have been installed incorrectly in the first place and need pipework alterations to prevent it needing flushing again in the future. A lot of people jumping on the powerfushing bandwagon after easy money. It does take knowlege of heating systems to correctly diagnose why it sludged up in the first place and put it right.

The reason for some heating systems needing power flushing are that they have been installed incorrectly in the first place and need pipework alterations to prevent it needing flushing again in the future. A lot of people jumping on the powerfushing bandwagon after easy money. It does take knowlege of heating systems to correctly diagnose why it sludged up in the first place and put it right.

I know from experience, power flushing is NOT easy money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flowing water noise in designer rad & power flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock