Discuss Floplast leakage problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ikea traps and fittings are worse IMO

I have a few of these still in their wrappers because I refuse to fit them in favour of McAlpine. I've no idea why I've kept them, maybe I should stop hoarding and just bin them?

So F-P fittings are light and awful ,is the (32-34mm) pipe any good ?

(size-seems to depend on which label !)

Any kitchen we fit generally Howdens or Magnet we bin the lot supplied - skip is already on site for the old kitchen. McAlpine every time.

The pipe's OK, and the solvent weld stuff is OK, but avoid the push fit and the traps.

I never use FloPlast fittings anyway but after hearing this isn't an isolated case there's no chance I'll even consider them.

The pipe's OK, and the solvent weld stuff is OK, but avoid the push fit and the traps.

Yes we use the floplast solvent weld stuff all the time and it seems fine ( what is melted is melted ) . Push fit whatever the manufacture seems like a gamble.

As a rule I only use push fit where I am likely to need to undo it at a late stage to unblock etc (eg kitchen sinks)

Used to use push fit a lot but much more inclined to compression now - nothing like assurance of the nice tight feeling when you tighten up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Floplast leakage problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Enthusiastic have a go guy here! I did get into the whole calculation of heat capacity of flow and calculated resistance after we...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock