Discuss Flooring preference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

Do you guys prefer to fit baths toilets etc
Straight onto floorboards or do you recommend customer has flooring/tiling first.

I think it looks a lot better if you do first fix, then have floor done then fit toilets etc. trouble is you have to drill through tiles and such like.

What's your preferences?

Floor is always tiled first on our jobs.
Thank fully most of our customers have more than one toilet.

I always tile floor first and put pan and pedestal on top. Small bead of silicone between pan and tiles to stop any wee getting underneath.

Always tile underneath the pan if your doing a refurb I've never tiled round a pan ever amateur appearance, even if someone wants the floor tiled retrospectivly I still pull out the pan and go underneath

We fit baths first as mostly waste of tiles to tile underneath unless its not having a bath panel. Then tile entire floor around any pipe work coming through floor for services etc, placing pedestal basin & wc on top!

I find it saves a lot of awkward cutting around circular circumferences! Also with regards to fixing into tiles, as long as you have a nice sharp tile bit & take it steady I find it helps to secure the appliance your fixing down that little bit more!

Definatly have the flooring down first, much more professional appearance, and in the future if they decide to change the toilet / basin but not the floor you don't have to worry about there being no tiles underneath.

I fit the bath first and tile the rest of the floor but only just past where the bath panel will meet the floor to save the customer money on tiles that wont be seen anyway.

If the customer is having lino, cushionfloor etc I fit bath, w.c, and whb prior to the flooring going down, again to save the customer cash in the future. They are more likely to want to change the floor covering in future than the fittings and this way they don't have to pay for everything to be removed and then re-installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flooring preference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock