Search the forum,

Discuss floor standing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

need to replace a floor standing boiler 30kw or above only boiler i can see is a Worcester and its over 2k to buy

im gas safe etc just wondering if any of you know of any boilers ????

thanks folks

Yes why floor standing?? Youā€™ll get ample kw with a normal wall hung boiler

its an old property with original features and going to cause alot of disturbance cutting and boring wall hung is final option but really dont want to turn the sweey old ladys house upside down

Donā€™t see how a wall hung is any different to a floor standing other than being wall mounted

Mount it on a uni strut wall :D

Presuming it's gas and not oil I think Worcester is your only option. Viessmann do the vitodens 222-f which is a floor standing combi but it's 1600mm tall and costs nearly 3k. Don't think you have much choice.

thanks craig im thinking the same was surprised the was none on the internet

its a hard one to say but customer is selling there home and i have explained the disruption that its going to cause in the kitchen moving it a few meters but as you engineers will know a customer wants there home looking like it did before you went in and i just know that its going to be problematic moving it

its just one of those gut feeling ones you know the feeling you get haha

Just be honest, tell your customer that gas fired floor standing combis are in short supply. Say you can do it but it will cost X or a cheaper wall hung will cost Y but will involve more disruption.

What do they have currently and if they're selling is there a reason why they're upgrading the boiler?

they want to put new boiler in as boiler is really old at the moment keeps breaking down

i have said that but i just dont think they have fully thought about the disruption

they want to put new boiler in as boiler is really old at the moment keeps breaking down

i have said that but i just dont think they have fully thought about the disruption
Well all you can do is tell them the full options and let them decide, also get it in writing. If they proceed for a wall hung version and complain about the disruption, you can just say you did warn them. Other than that, if your getting bad vibes, just walk away.

I have had the same problem too.

Worcester have a monopoly on floor standing boilers. They can overcharge and give low warranties.

Very frustrating

No different to the floor standing Worcester.
Bit of a difference, once the store in the Worcester runs out, you still have hot water on demand through the plate, just as a reduced flow rate. The poterton is just a boiler with a built in cylinder, when the waters gone it's gone.

Bit of a difference, once the store in the Worcester runs out, you still have hot water on demand through the plate, just as a reduced flow rate. The poterton is just a boiler with a built in cylinder, when the waters gone it's gone.
True but the Baxi does almost the same job and is a lot less. The op was asking for options. I have an Potterton he store and never ran out of hot water. I only have it set an hour in the morning and 1.5 in the late afternoon.

I have had the same problem too.

Worcester have a monopoly on floor standing boilers. They can overcharge and give low warranties.

Very frustrating

Agree twitch that my friend very weird the market place for floor standing there must be loads of the coming out daily all over the uk aswell

True but the Baxi does almost the same job and is a lot less. The op was asking for options. I have an Potterton he store and never ran out of hot water. I only have it set an hour in the morning and 1.5 in the late afternoon.
Yep, not arguing with that. Admittedly I didnt mention the potterton due to the height of it but I was assuming that op needed a boiler to fit under a kitchen worktop. After reading back I'm not sure how I came to that conclusion as he doesn't mention it anywhere :rolleyes:

Reply to floor standing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but donā€™t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock