Discuss Flexible hose... are these a requirement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the difference between a good solid professional neat reliable copper job and the quick DIY hope it's going to be ok and last issue. But alas most mixer taps come with flexi now & so we regrettably have to use them when they do!

Cheers. It's temporary until the summer so hopefully not too much of a drama. I would do it myself if I could solder it but don't have the tools. I'll get a plumber in the summer ;)

And a diyer has used ptfe tape on compression threads! :cuss:

As soon as you see PTFE peeking out from behind a conex nut you know handy Andy did the job, to be fair to Andy, he did put an iso and a check valve on the o/s tap and it's not leaking yet so could be worse.

To the OP, why are you going to replace all the copper with plastic and ''speedy fit'' ?
None of those flexis are kinked and apart from PTFE on the threads the copper looks OK, if I bought a house and the undersink plumbing was like that, replacing it would be very low on my list of priorities, although I'd probably support the pipe between the ISO and check valve. It's not ideal, but if you're thinking about future proofing it then copper is the way to go, not speedy fit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexible hose... are these a requirement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is going to sound stupid - but it is giving me problems. I have fitted new flexible tap hoses that each connects with a tap hose adaptor to...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock