Discuss Flexible hose... are these a requirement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnthePainter

Hi folks,

I have a standard flexible hose (the braided ones) coming off my cold and hot feed to the kitchen taps, and also one to the outside tap. I'm curious... do these need to be the flexible hose? Why not just a flexi plastic pipe with some speedy fittings? Does anything gong to a tap need these specific braided flexible hose?

I going to replace all the copper pipe and fittings with plastic speedy fit ones so was just curious if I needed to keep them.

IMG_3439.jpgIMG_3423.jpg

as sbove, flexi's are the devils child!
Speedfit ! Is its ginger stepchild!

If there is a god. It's soldered copper. :17:

A real plumber would use copper. It would be neat and tidy. He/She would walk away with much confidence that the joint was made to last. There would be no dangers from cheap nasty rubbish rubbery things bursting open during the night. No danger from stupid leaking flexibles with built in isolation valves.

It takes a wee bit longer to use copper and costs a tad more.

Any muppet can use push fit or flexies !!

That photo says so much about today's add on bits of plumbing, - nice original copper pipe in house, - simple minor plumbing job, outside tap, or whatever - and somebody buys the MORE expensive flexi hoses and push fit plastic fittings instead of a piece of copper pipe and some brass or solder joints costing less!
And a diyer has used ptfe tape on compression threads! :cuss:

Last edited:
Not many taps are supplied without flexis now. if they're wras approved and not misused I don't have a problem with them. The amount I see almost kinked in half. Job yesterday customer supplied basin mixer with 18" flexis :D

Thanks for all your replies. I'm honestly trying my best! I appreciate what you're all saying re copper vs. plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexible hose... are these a requirement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is going to sound stupid - but it is giving me problems. I have fitted new flexible tap hoses that each connects with a tap hose adaptor to...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock