Discuss Fitting 2nd hand gas fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Heating

Gas Engineer
Fella has phoned me up, wanting a gas fire fitting, its out his sons house nextdoor "its only a few years old" and has the Manual. Its a Valour Legend. Not sure wether to entertain it or not. Not really keen on gas fires at the best of times, but Ive had far too many quiet days the past fortnight. The joys of the necessery evil :dizzy2:

just explain that any problems/work other than a straight swap will be charged at an additional cost to cover your time.

Of course the customer knows it not that old and was working ok, but its your bum on the line, if its missing a seal etc etc. Cost of a new one is not a lot and now I wont touch 2nd hand fires, too much hassle esp if they give you a manual belonging to another model, as happened to me last week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting 2nd hand gas fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. My mother has a large lounge with central heating. Because the layout forces a sofa to block a rad she also uses a portable gas heater in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm a member of the public with a persistent problem with a gas fire that's been looked at a couple of times and is still not right. I'm...
Replies
Views
I recently moved house and took my kinder oasis remote controlled gas fire with me as it was an expensive purchase at the time and it worked...
Replies
Views
A
Hello, my first post on the forum, if I have posted in the wrong place then apologies to all, perhaps a mod can move the post to it's proper...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Hello, I am new on this site and was hoping someone could help me out with a gas fire fault I have recently encountered. The fire is a verine...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock