Discuss first williams order in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
well ive gone and done it my first williams order as a result of plumb center fecking me around the whole experience started badly when i was told i needed to go in to a branch as it was special order but within a couple of minutes they rang back to say this wasnt the case and its now being delivered direct from branch rather than a courier everyone i spoke to was helpfull and the price was better than plumbs
i think williams seem to have the right can do attitude through out the company

A little £ sign lightbulb will have just pinged on over Rays head. He will sense a disturbance in the force

He seems the little green hooded type

well ive gone and done it my first williams order as a result of plumb center fecking me around the whole experience started badly when i was told i needed to go in to a branch as it was special order but within a couple of minutes they rang back to say this wasnt the case and its now being delivered direct from branch rather than a courier everyone i spoke to was helpfull and the price was better than plumbs
i think williams seem to have the right can do attitude through out the company

Sorry it started off badly Steve. I think one of the youngsters was a bit out of his depth.

One of the older guys sorted it out, and later in the day he collared me and said "Do you know a really grumpy git on the forum from East London?"

I replied "He isn't called Steve by any chance is he?"

Just kidding. Thanks for the order Grumps. :)

Are you doing a recruitment drive at the mo then ray

Without blowing smoke up their backsides over at Williams they get things wrong like all other wholesale businesses from time to time. The difference with them is they deal with it well and you get the feeling they really understand and care about the effect delays/wrong parts have on our business. With W&Co I feel like they are a purchasing arm working in our business, the relationship with them is that good now.

Paul (their sales manager) in particular works his backside off to sort out issues and make sales. He's a brill bloke.

Totally agree Croft brilliant bunch.

i must admit some of the stories ive seen on here does suggest williams do seem to go the extra kilometer(grumpy goes metric) to sort stuff out which is a sharp contrast to a lot of other merchants tough luck attitude
i think many merchant only see there side of it it may only be a £200 pound sale for them but its a day lost and everything else getting rescheduled for us

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to first williams order in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Back