Search the forum,

Discuss First Time Gas Safe Application in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi Guys,

I have just registered myself with Gas Safe for the first time. I was previously registered with my employer. I have just received a letter from Gas Safe to say the are going to meet me and check three of my previous installations.
Have any of you guys be through this and what can I expect?

Cheers Guys

Been through it, dont worry they are not there to catch you out, They just want to make sure you know your stuff

ok thanks. Do they actually go and check jobs or just question you?

They want to see three jobs and you generally talk them through what you are doing eg boiler service how you would do it, gas rate ventilation etc etc

I met Nick recently who is the Inspector for Hampshire area and it was a positive experience (first inspection) I thought it a wise investment to buy the big 3, the 'orange' bible, unsafe procedures & GSIUR, pulling the first 2 out of the FGA bag and switching on the kettle helps lol!

Joking aside they were ultimate professionals where I would be happy to phone him direct (business card given), he did tell me a few 'war' stories where he can tell from the start how its going to turn out and its a lot to do with tightness testing! People taking 15 minutes to do complete the test, he didnt elaborate what was going on for the other 11 mins...

Keep a cool head, and do what you normally do mate

they quickly know if yyou know what your are doing, will probleys get you to tighnes test a system and ask a few questions only about stuf we all should know so dont wory we have all been there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First Time Gas Safe Application in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
I
Can someone in the know kindly clarify, please? I have tried to get Gas Safe on the phone, but no good! I have had conflicting advice. I am in the position of being able to start a small business employing two nephews - both of whom are Gas Safe registered. But do I have to ensure the business...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Hi, my mother had an electric cooker installed yesterday. The guy who fitted it said it shouldn't be close to the gas pipe but it is. The red arrow shows the gas pipes, the blue arrows are the electric supply for the cooker and the purple is the back of the cooker. I know nothing of plumbing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock