Search the forum,

Discuss Finding x, (w and z) zones for fittings in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pudzamoisey

First off just want to say i'm new here but so fr have been enjoying just browsing through the forum. Anyway it's suppose to be something really simple but for some reason i'm having trouble with it. How exactly do you find the x zone (or dimension) for a fitting. I was told that you just simply measure where the pipe stops inside the fitting to the edge. Though someone else is telling me that you measure the whole fitting and subtract the cut off point. I'm sure it's somthing quite simple but it's just confusing me for some reason. All help appreciated.

HI
The x dimension is used for copper, push fit, soil and waste fittings and the z dimension is used for low carbon steel.
To find the x dimension measure the fitting from the centre to the end where you insert the pipe, then insert the pipe fully to the stop and mark on the pipe where the pipe meets the fitting. measure the amount of pipe that is inside the fitting and subtract that from the measurment of the centre to the end the figure you are left with is the x dimension.
Similar way to find the z dimension apart from the fact there is no pipe stop in LCS fitings, so you use the insertion depth. For example on 15mm LSC the insertion depth is 13mm so you take that off your fitting measurment and that leaves your z dimension.
Hard to explain this without the use of drawings but i hope this helps.

HI
The x dimension is used for copper, push fit, soil and waste fittings and the z dimension is used for low carbon steel.
To find the x dimension measure the fitting from the centre to the end where you insert the pipe, then insert the pipe fully to the stop and mark on the pipe where the pipe meets the fitting. measure the amount of pipe that is inside the fitting and subtract that from the measurment of the centre to the end the figure you are left with is the x dimension.
Similar way to find the z dimension apart from the fact there is no pipe stop in LCS fitings, so you use the insertion depth. For example on 15mm LSC the insertion depth is 13mm so you take that off your fitting measurment and that leaves your z dimension.
Hard to explain this without the use of drawings but i hope this helps.

Thanks a lot that has helped a lot, thanks again!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Finding x, (w and z) zones for fittings in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock