Discuss Finding contract work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_the_plumber

Gas Engineer
Hello all.

I'm a plumber and gas engineer. I pick up work on a day to day basis. However I'm looking to pick up more contract work. I'd like to do more servicing, landlord certs as well as insurance work and guarantee work.
The problem I've got is that I have very little idea of how to gain this work. I just wondered if anyone wouldn't mind sharing their experience with me? How should I go about winning this work?

Thanks very much...Dan :)

Make friends and lots of them, kids help!! go to school events etc!! its all about who you know, not how good you do the work, price comes a close second!! for estate agents anyway!!

Make friends and lots of them, kids help!! go to school events etc!! its all about who you know, not how good you do the work, price comes a close second!! for estate agents anyway!!

Thanks a lot Jase. We haven't got kids at the moment, maybe we should think about having some...lol

ive got a website and just getting my new van sign written so hopefully that'll bring in some more work too. Things are tuff for a plumber In South Wales atm!

For letting agencies it's usually a case of the lowest price wins unless you find a good one.

Yeah that sounds right to me Milsy! I think I've got my pricing right now. It's just that they say "we've got a company that does that for us, but We've got you on our records and we'll bell you as and when we need you"

im fairly sure the servicing and certificate work will just build up as time goes on. But what about guarantee work or insurance work, anyone have any insight here?

Thanks all :))))

Some letting agencies simply want someone they can depend on , go in and see them , drop off business cards and make yourself known to them , personality goes along way aswell as great people skills,

Some letting agencies simply want someone they can depend on , go in and see them , drop off business cards and make yourself known to them , personality goes along way aswell as great people skills,

I'm screwed then! Twice! Lol.

Insurance work is good pay but you must be willing to do 24 hours a day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Finding contract work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
As per the title. We have a property where the boiler has worked fine in the 10 months since it’s last service. Now throws up this error code...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock