Search the forum,

Discuss Filling loop not working!! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Tried repressurising by turning valve on filling loop. Normally you hear water whoosh through. This time no water. Took lever off and turned with spanner then took loop off and tried again. Water is coming through so now thinking broken NRV, is there a way to fix them or could it be an issue further up the boiler (Baxi 105E)? Is there any other valves that may be switched off? Any help would’ve greatly appreciated.

Is there not a valve at both ends of the filling loop?.
Hi, no there is a valve at one end and a non return valve at the other
CA94A4FD-CCF1-41B1-9090-E8F7DE059E4B.png

Water is going through the loop but then seems to stop and not going into the boiler. I did have an external vessel added a couple years ago and has been fine until now. Does that have any affect on how you pressurise?

The external E.vessel shouldn't have any effect, normally with a cold system you may have 1.5 bar and then when pressure falls to ~ 0.6/0.7 bar you would re pressurize.

The external E.vessel shouldn't have any effect, normally with a cold system you may have 1.5 bar and then when pressure falls to ~ 0.6/0.7 bar you would re pressurize.
That’s where I am at, but water not going in so am assuming there is a blockage somewhere? Trouble is hot water keeps going off with low pressure error light 😕

Do you have a manual gauge on the boiler ?

If you want to inspect the NRV you will have to drain the boiler if your sure that you have sufficient pressure, very unlikely that you have a filling PRV like in the attachment that needs adjustment.

If a boiler sensor fault you will have to get a RGI

Attachments

• Filling PRV.jpg
    Filling PRV.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 7
I have a combi boiler with flexi filling loop, valves at both ends. I topped up ok a month ago but yesterday when I opened the valves no water came through. Probably not calcium because I have a water softener.

Reply to Filling loop not working!! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock