Discuss Fault Finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie2

We where told that when fault finding you have to interrogate the customer to find out the difference between:

What a customer thinks a system should do.

What its designed to do.

And what its doing.

I know when out of the many tenanted properties I went into, only about 2-3% ever seemed to use their central heating programmers to the best advantage.

I think most of the time the programmers where just too complicated. And most where Grundfos 103's, a very simple electro mechanical programmer or timer if combi as programmers and timers go.

Anybody got any ideas as to the easiest 7 day programmer for people? :):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
People can be clueless. The last cylinder change I did (leaking cylinder), filled it all back up and ran the system and it was impossible to have the hot water on without the rads getting hot, checked the wiring and it was all to cock. They had the 3 way valve replaced a year or so back and whoever did it must have wired it wrong (i'm guessing). Anyway i put it right and then asked the householders if they had noticed anything wasn't right , "no its all ok" they say, explained what I found and then they say "ah yes we did notice that the rads sometimes get hot when the heatings not on".

I personally like the programmer set to constant (HEATING) and then control it with a programable roomstat, it gives you much greater control over temperature and you can avoid a normal stat being turned up and left up indefinately.

We where told that when fault finding you have to interrogate the customer to find out the difference between:

What a customer thinks a system should do.

What its designed to do.

And what its doing.

I know when out of the many tenanted properties I went into, only about 2-3% ever seemed to use their central heating programmers to the best advantage.

I think most of the time the programmers where just too complicated. And most where Grundfos 103's, a very simple electro mechanical programmer or timer if combi as programmers and timers go.

Anybody got any ideas as to the easiest 7 day programmer for people? :):):):)

ive also done a fair bit of tennated property work for most of then a simple on off switch would be to complicated
most common way ive found people use their controls is both heat and hot water set to all day and use the roomstat as a on off switch for the heating
so many people nowdays work long hours,different shifts week to week and several differant people living in the house the "typical" program is now mostly usless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fault Finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock