Search the forum,

Discuss Fall on guttering. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Not done any for a while is there a general rule of what I should set the fall at.

Any where between 1.2-1.7mm p/m. Some manufacturers differ slightly with fall rates, check with your product for correct gradient.

Best way to do it is get a string line set it level then move it down by the appropriate fall or a little more or so

Then use that to set your brackets,

Yep, string line.

Can I ask, is it on a house? Are you using scaffold or alone on a ladder?

1 in 600 as above. You ideally want a ladder stand off as a minimum. I always quote for mobile scaffold as well. If I don't get it then so be it. I have fallen once before on a ladder and went through the shed roof. Completely unscathed. Never again will I risk it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, custard asked me to quote for gutter. I said about scaffold, they said just get up a ladder

I told them to get up the ladder!!

It's ok risking my neck

I agree, custard asked me to quote for gutter. I said about scaffold, they said just get up a ladder

It's ok risking my neck

Yeah, but your only the "Bob a job man" they don`t care about you!

You can put in level if you like.
It depends on what is in the spec, type of gutter, number size & position of outlets and the size of the roof you are trying to clear.

It's ok risking my neck

Always always get a scaffold added into the quote and if you dont use it, still charge for it

level is fine for alot of manufacturers. sometimes looks better when small facia boards are fitted.

level is fine for alot of manufacturers. sometimes looks better when small facia boards are fitted.

I always run my facial boards with a slight fall towards the outlet so it doesn't look as bad against the gutters

It was only a stable so i could do it all off steps so no scaffold required.

I wouldnt normally do scaffolding but it was for my girlfriends mum and dad, I said i would do it for them and then they got someone else to do it, then stupid me turned around and said what muppet did that its s**t and falls into the middle. Then guess what muppet had to take it all off and do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fall on guttering. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if there are any rules / distances, etc I need to be following when avoiding the wiring? Many thanks. P
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock