Discuss Expansion Vessel Size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a boiler fitted over 3 yrs ago. It is a commercial boiler - 100kw. The installer fitted an expansion vessel which is about 20 litres.

We have about 33 double rad and 2 single rads on the system. Someone mentioned to me that the expansion vessel is way too samll as we constantly have to rpressurise the boiler.

Any thoughts on this?

Around 1l per rad rough quick guide so just for the rads 35l needed so I would put a 50l in

Reply to Expansion Vessel Size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I think I looked into it a few years ago. That a modern 200litre unvented cylinder would need a higher litre expansion vessel then one that was...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock