Discuss Exotic Syphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wateece

Hi Chaps

I am trying to identify the syphon below and had no joy on the net. There are no obvious signs on the syphon or the cistern. I was hoping to get just a new diaphragm but have no hope unless I can work out what this is. I am aware that you could probably just get a universal to do the job, but would like to try a repair rather than a replace as I am skint.

Cheers

Will

472764_10151356429351529_1069449164_o.jpg

I never try and repair them, I always replace them with a fluid master, best option in the long run

Thanks for that, how is the blue ring fitted to the bottom of the cistern with the above syphon. I have a habit of not knowing my strength and snapping things when made of plastic (sometimes metal), does it just push in or screw in from the top???

big nut under the cysten if its close coupled youll have to unbolt the cisten from the pan

There are two bolts going through the cistern to the pan, remove the nuts disconnect the inlet valve, remove cistern there is a nut underneath undo this pull it out and re assemble

you'llneed a new donut washer as well, this sits between the cistern and the pan

Replace it, they're not that expensive and if you do manage to find a diaphragm, chances are it will be about 1/2 the cost of a complete new unit.

That's what I was hoping you wouldn't say :toilet: hence why I would love to know the make and just get a diaphragm. This is just one of an ever growing list of jobs and I was hoping for a quickie

Cheers guys!!! Just changed the TCO on the shower, the soil pipe on the other toliet, the valves in the kitchen taps, the fence .....................

Been one of those months, thanks for the heads up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Exotic Syphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just about to move into a new build property. I took the water meter readings and they read 000000,620 I had a look around the...
Replies
Views
I have a concealed cistern in a 20 year-old house. It is the old syphon type, and over the last couple of months it has started to have an...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock