Search the forum,

Discuss EU Referendum - Have you registered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vote will be out the the govt will decide we need to re vote and we will then be back in .

Thats how it will work .

When politicians use scare tactics to influence a vote, it indicates the weakness of their arguments. Without reform the EU is a disaster and reform will only come when people say they've had enough and vote accordingly.

UPDATE.

Turns out it was badly worded as you will get a vote as long as you are on the Electoral register.

Or was it worded in such a way in order to get foreign people living here to register?

You decide.

out for me never wanted to be in in the first place we do not get out of it anywhere near what we put in to it. also we seem to be the only country that ever complies with the EU directives.we are a strong financial nation and most of our trade is with the rest of the world not europe. so if we leave it means we cant make our own trade agreements with whomever we we like without habve to go through the EU.

also expats who lived here and were registered to vote upto 15 years ago can vote.

out for me never wanted to be in in the first place we do not get out of it anywhere near what we put in to it. also we seem to be the only country that ever complies with the EU directives.we are a strong financial nation and most of our trade is with the rest of the world not europe. so if we leave it means we cant make our own trade agreements with whomever we we like without habve to go through the EU.

Try working in Germany and Holland then you will realize we are pretty slack in this country

A German lady customer asked me about my vote this week, whilst she agreed with me on points such as there is no accountability on where all the money goes and at the start there was nine member states and how it had grown plus certain countries should not had been allowed to join she did say that she hoped we stayed in.

I was with the IN camp before not so long ago, I read plenty papers and keep an open mind.
Recently Guardian and few other outlets reported that Brexit will result in fall in house prices. Some go as far as saying the hosing market will crash. Nearly half of all properties in central London are bought by foreigners and something like 20% of new developments will never see occupancy and being sold and bought as a mere investment (mostly by said foreigners)

Now Im buying a place in next 2 years. Even few % drop in prices will save me tens of thousands. If going out means GDP growth will slump by .5 % will I care? How does that affect my pocket?

Second biggest argument for OUT is our sector is filled with foreign labour, directly driving down wages for everyone. Our work is hard and carries great deal of responsibility. Someone who comes over for 5 years, makes a quick buck, goes back and builds a villa back home then chills out whilst we are faced with poor retirement prospects in this country and a long worn out body.

Are you young enough to wait? Wait long enough for it to be watered down to nothing gained that is.

(not being hostile towards you).

I meant wrt it being reformed. I'm voting IN anyway.

I'm voting out. The way i see it is we should have control of our own laws and how we spend our money. Paying billions into the Eu which could be spent on infrastructure, NHS/policing etc.
However From everything I've read I'd say quite easily the majority are saying out, I still think the voting will be fixed and we will stay in.

I'm voting out. The way i see it is we should have control of our own laws and how we spend our money. Paying billions into the Eu which could be spent on infrastructure, NHS/policing etc.
However From everything I've read I'd say quite easily the majority are saying out, I still think the voting will be fixed and we will stay in.

Well the majority of people I speak to are all in favour of 'OUT'

On another note, I'm thinking this is a slightly silly thing to have a referendum on and a total waste of money, especially the Government spending public money (i.e. OUR money) on holding a referendum, and then telling us, with the same public (i.e. OUR) money, Why they Believe We Are Better Off Remaining in Europe.

You can be a leftie and want out, and you can be a hardline conservative and want out, and the same if you want to Remain. Being in Europe or not could allow us to change everything, and it could allow us to change nothing whichever way it goes.

If the complaint is about the laws that govern us, I think the problem is it's very easy to blame Europe. It's a bit like blaming Health and Safety when you actually just don't want to do something. And even if we are actually required to do something, it may be worth remembering what France did when it was refusing to accept British beef: pay a fine - I think it was €6,000 a day - a pittance.

Rather than having a referendum on Europe, we could have a referendum on the issues that actually interest us and then leave it to the government to decide whether we can stay in the EU and still do whatever it is that's important to us, or not. After all, even if we vote for an exit, we won't have had the opportunity to explain what we want to see from a post-Brexit UK. What this is, is a vote that avoids actually giving us any democracy.

Quite frankly, both campaigns been pretty poor so far, the ones in the Electoral Commission reminiscent of an 11-year old grammar schoolboy's homework, so the only thing I'm thinking is that as a nation our politicians are severely lacking in imagination. God only knows which way I'll vote.

Last edited:
In with reform ( or the Bullies will get us )
Be nice to reform that " Human rights " mistake .
(I Only like Brussel Sprouts )

Voting OUT

Why would i vote in and keep the likes of Mandleson and his bent fat cat colleagues in nice well paid jobs because basically thats why they want us in.

Anybody see Paxman in Brussels : Who really rules us? last night on BBC1?

I couldn`t see one reason to stay in.

this country has been led by the EU for a good while. I don't think the structure we have got can sustain or even develop anything better than what we have

I'm all for voting "leave" but would like to be persuaded to vote "stay". The problems I'm facing are both camps presenting the arguments for or against as facts when they are all clearly just suppositions. £4,300 worse off if we leave, food price inflation, defence problems and the good old story of rampant immigration, security problems if we remain......

The whole experiment seems to have suffered from massive mission creep as the eurocrats strive for more and deeper integration that brings us closer to a Federal Europe. Not what was initially envisaged, ie a Common Market.

I'm with Ghandi who said in 1915 that government is best that governs least and that is most certainly not the case with EU membership which micromanages just about every aspect of our personal and business lives.

I think I may just have persuaded myself which way to vote!

Human rights is not a mistake by miles!

Human rights can and has been used sometimes to the advantage of people in the wrong though. Actual human rights abusers can simply use the laws to their advantage and actually infringe the human rights of others.
My worry is it overrules our government. Take examples of a murderer or terrorist who is also an illegal immigrant that our government attempts to deport, but cannot because European human rights say his rights will be infringed. Doesn't seem to take in account that the person is a threat to us.
Had it over here with terrorists

Last edited:
Take examples of a murderer or terrorist who is also an illegal immigrant that our government attempts to deport, but cannot because European human rights say his rights will be infringed. Doesn't seem to take in account that the person is a threat to us.

Agree with that and the "Can`t send them home because their home country is unsafe, their gay or their life will be in danger", well sorry but you can`t come here and get up to no good either so I like 3 strikes and your out!!!

Human rights can and has been used sometimes to the advantage of people in the wrong though. Actual human rights abusers can simply use the laws to their advantage and actually infringe the human rights of others.
My worry is it overrules our government. Take examples of a murderer or terrorist who is also an illegal immigrant that our government attempts to deport, but cannot because European human rights say his rights will be infringed. Doesn't seem to take in account that the person is a threat to us.
Had it over here with terrorists

Sadly that's Daily Mail tripe.

Sadly that's Daily Mail tripe.

Lol! No, - very sadly it is totally true and available for any of us to view from previous EU human rights rulings, laws and also our UK courts, police services and Westminister details of such cases. I am confident if the Daily Mail and other numerous papers and other media and independent sources were wrong, that it could easily be proved that EU rulings never influenced various cases.

Last edited:
Best has a very valid point, it has been commonplace for the EU to overrule UK laws/situations & undermine the country as we have not abided by some of the ludicrous laws that have come from the EU.

The poor terrorists who met there untimely ends in the above article did not/never cared a single jot for the innocent people injured during the troubles but them & there supporters were always at the front of the queue screaming out about the infringements to there rights.

Those terrorists got summary justice & it's a pity it was not dished out more often back then.

It would off been a good disincentive to perpetrate such acts if you knew you would be judged like that for the acts that they attempted to carry out.

As for voting in the EU referendum I am OUT & think that we should be more like Australia with border controls & immigration.

Original concept of free trade within Europe, yes happy with, countries working together against terrorism, yes good idea, retention of national identity, yes.

Freedom for mass uncontrolled economic immigration throughout Europe & letting in other countries economic refugees without health, wealth & background checks, no. no. no......

Lets put the great back into GREAT BRITAIN & stand up for ourselves & trade freely with the world.

Best has a very valid point, it has been commonplace for the EU to overrule UK laws/situations & undermine the country as we have not abided by some of the ludicrous laws that have come from the EU.

The poor terrorists who met there untimely ends in the above article did not/never cared a single jot for the innocent people injured during the troubles but them & there supporters were always at the front of the queue screaming out about the infringements to there rights.

Those terrorists got summary justice & it's a pity it was not dished out more often back then.

It would off been a good disincentive to perpetrate such acts if you knew you would be judged like that for the acts that they attempted to carry out.

As for voting in the EU referendum I am OUT & think that we should be more like Australia with border controls & immigration.

Original concept of free trade within Europe, yes happy with, countries working together against terrorism, yes good idea, retention of national identity, yes.

Freedom for mass uncontrolled economic immigration throughout Europe & letting in other countries economic refugees without health, wealth & background checks, no. no. no......

Lets put the great back into GREAT BRITAIN & stand up for ourselves & trade freely with the world.

Allgoode, - that was all good. :smile:

It's been misused. Sadly that's the case for laws here in the UK and EU. The misuse of these is blown out of proportion by the media. Just like health tourism, it's a very very small problem but the media blow to epic levels.

The EU want to micromanage every country in Europe, the better the country does the more it is Forced to contribute..

Passing that money onto failing countries..
More rules and regulations being passed every year which help to close small businesses..

These unelected Eurocrats passing laws on this country when only 3% are British..

Our sovereignty is diluted and it'll likely get worse, more power going to a program we the people cant control is pretty scary..

The EU want a United States of Europe Run through the back door, 27 other countries voting on UK laws and regulations making our own Parliament look like pawns..

To me it stinks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EU Referendum - Have you registered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock