Discuss estimating installation volume? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sterry_12

Hi lads. just doing my gas safe qualification training, and was wondering about estimating installation volume, do you have to do this when you go to a house to install something small like a new built in hob? just doing my write up of the job today and we didn't do it but by the book am i suppose to do it?

cheers lads,

You can't estimate Iv.
It should be done proper

Is this in regard to not exceeding your Dom Iv of 0.0035?

yes. so when ever i go to work on existing pipework in houses i should do the workings out for IV?
sorry if its a stupid question, im learning lol, plus when i go out and work wit gas safe people nobody seems to do it.

Lol. for your exam you will need to work it

If you got a u6 6m 28 6m 22. You'll be fine

If your doing something excessive 18m 28 18m 22. Then I would get the slide rules out

Corgi do a handbook range and there is one they do for Iv on a sliding rule

If you are working on a u16 and or with 35mm pipe. I would use it

You will get the feel for it

cheers bud! its mostly 22mm and U6 or E6 i've been working on, very rarely used 28mm round here. its good to know that i will be asked to work it out when im tested! cant believe most don't it. cheers.

cheers bud! its mostly 22mm and U6 or E6 i've been working on, very rarely used 28mm round here. its good to know that i will be asked to work it out when im tested! cant believe most don't it. cheers.

If you got an e6 you can fit loads of pipework. The only prob is flowrates and pipe sizing.

But that is also experience. You'll get there.

Keep up working hard and it will pay for itself

What do you. Mean you can do it?

You can estimate. Or do you know when your roughly below the limit.

an install with an E6 meter can have approx 90m of 22mm pipe, so rule of thumb kicks in a lot for me, and a quick measure usully confirms there isnt 90m of 22mm pipe in a domestic job, if there is a u16 and 35mm pipe then a quick *** packet calc will tell me if i can work on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to estimating installation volume? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
I am seeking some advice on how to seal up my sump pit. I currently get condensation on the walls and floor around the pit, and in the past there...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock