Discuss estate cars for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the fact it doesn't look professional there is also the lack of security having glass everywhere, it could get broken into easily or get smashed from a jolting toolbox! It's still a car, not a van so not designed for van loads / abuse!
I'm guessing your normal car insurance would not cover business use either...

If you need more seats & rear load space get something like a vw caravelle or whatever those vans are; if you cant afford a van can you afford all the other outgoings?

Besides the fact it doesn't look professional there is also the lack of security having glass everywhere, it could get broken into easily or get smashed from a jolting toolbox! It's still a car, not a van so not designed for van loads / abuse!
I'm guessing your normal car insurance would not cover business use either...

If you need more seats & rear load space get something like a vw caravelle or whatever those vans are; if you cant afford a van can you afford all the other outgoings?

i have a van at the moment but it would be more convenient to have an estate i could use for work so long as wouldn't jeopardise future work. dont want the hassle of having to run 2 vehicles.

Ran car for years, Cortina estate, before getting van. Would miss van, but if seats needed for family, and price is right, go ahead. Don't mess up resale value, just get magnetic sign plates. Got one job because others turned up in expensive vans and client thought I needed the money.( He was correct).

Meh, security is an obvious issue but it can be done...

80-775-vehicle-graphics.jpg

Meh, security is an obvious issue but it can be done...

80-775-vehicle-graphics.jpg

Looks good, but the heaviest thing it carries is probably a briefcase! A van would not really be suitable for them obviously, and there maybe more interested in keeping re-sale values high!

Just pointing out to the OP that with good graphics expertly designed and applied an estate car could similarly be made to look as professional. I saw one a few years ago and thought it was a good idea back then, he was a sparky admittedly but it looked slick.

Anyhow I've seen plenty of rough as :nono: plumbers vans to question their professionalism that's for sure. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
to solve a simple problem with a simple answer, car with seats in the back an use as a van , or , van with seats in the back and use as a car!!!! you can get those combos (other vans available before all the combo heaters pop up with comments) with 3 seats in the back that fold down!! and just add the bridge toll onto the bill!!

tried an estate car once.....used to go down the road like the rear of a rocket launcher....near,y changed me name to star gazers ...you need those good tyres and suspension...

Anyhow I've seen plenty of rough as plumbers vans to question their professionalism that's for sure. ;)[/QUOTE]

Have you been spying on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to estate cars for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
any of you do jobs for estate agents? thinking of emailing some of the local ones, and offer our services as a plumbing , heating company , as I...
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
Hi All Hoping someone can help me. I think its time I start to think about getting my boiler serviced which is a Ariston Combi Boiler A 30 MFFi...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Sent my apprentice off to flyer some houses in a posh area we were working in today. Got an email back entitled 'the letter I received today'...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock