Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Estate Agent Letter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blayedrunner

Looking to go round the estate agents to do Landlords Certs. Has anyone put a letter together that got them through the door or got them jobs???? If anyone would be generous enough to PM the letter I would send very good vibes :)

I sent out around 30 to local agents just before xmas. I had one phone call and they wanted to know if I could do them cheaper than the £35 they were currently paying!

I walked into about 10 sod all good. One I did get past the first stages rang me back agreed a price of £50 or ten in a row for £450 but were in contract to another plumber but good luck

Good luck to you mate. If I get a call from an agent looking for someone, I'll give them your number. They're a pain in the neck if not lower.

most are usually more interested in your hidden cash back schemes rather than your charges

imho

Whats the fascination with working for estate agents? From what i gather on here its not a big earner and if you find faults i bet it can be a right pain .

Not fascinated, just like all of us trying to fill my weekly diary up with work.

Most of the guys I know have found exactly the same as what I found with estate agents. The vast majority are:
Dishonest.
Unreliable.
Always out to find the cheapest of the cheap.
Bad payers even if you did manage to be the cheapest.

And that was BEFORE the downturn in the housing market, when they were still raking it in. Imagine what your chances are of earning something of them today.
You can easily end up loosing money for doing quote after quote, only to find out you have wasted your time and fuel.

By the responses i guess no one does Landlords certs then lol.... I wonder how they manage to stay renting. :)

I don't do a lot of certs, but the ones I do are done directly for the LL, not for some creep who wants to pay me £30 after 4 months and 8 reminders so he/she can charge the owner £130.
Doing lgsc's is like selling second hand Skoda's; I'm sure somebody is earning money doing it, but it's not my cup of tea.
And before anyone tries to tell me Skoda is a wonderful car since VW bought them, I know too many Skoda owners to buy that. But apart from that, I'm referring to them because Skoda owners are typically the kind of people that spend ages finding out what the cheapest deal in town is.

Deep very deep!!!! Way to early for that level of thought process!!!!! LOL

the one i work for are pretty good with pay, they get commision though but its always on top of what my price is..

the only thing i dont like is their tenants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Estate Agent Letter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock