Discuss Electrolytic scale reducer versus polyphosphate in hard water areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CMairiD

Does anyone have a experience with electrolytic scale reducers in hard water areas (400ppm) versus polyphosphate (Combiguard)?

I like the idea of the SESI as it's basically a fit and forget (10-15 years) and there's also no annual maintenance cost.

Fitted a few of the Fernox electrolytic scale reducers. Seem to work well and you don't need to remember to add chemicals to the water like you do with polyphosphate.

Are the electrolytic ones you describe the magnetic type ? If so there are important considerations in how they condition the water.

centralheatking

Electrolysis and magnetism have little (nothing?) in common...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrolytic scale reducer versus polyphosphate in hard water areas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, as the title says, few months ago moved into a house where the water is way harder than expected. We did not expect it because we lived in...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back