Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Eco tec pro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

One for the vaillant peeps , this part here has a hole ontop that you can see inside and its full of water leaking , is there a service kit available for it am guessing ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 104
I know you can just unplug the electrics and unscrew the top bit and change that, if that's what you mean lee :)

Is there a seal though behind that screw bit ? Cant see how waters getting in . Am off round tommorow / Friday and want to take kit with me if there is one

Nope you gotta replace the whole thing, its been updated.

Pull off the plug and the brass nut holding the motor in can be removed.

Top tip, stick the new o rings to the boiler not the valve with silicone grease, you'll see what i mean when you do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think the glowworm one is the same and cheaper. It's exactly same part. (Diverter)

It will with a vaillant part. Also on a pro the new one will be plastic even if the old was brass.
Your not being hard done by.

Yep, it comes with an adaptor kit...another Vaillant rip off. I used to love these boilers but now I see them for what they are. What with this, the combustion chamber seals and the thermal fuse con, this boiler will eventually empty your wallet.

I changed a diverter last week, can they be done without removing the pump?

Nope, I've never had to move the pump. They are easy to replace.

I'm not getting this tbh, the diverter locates in to the pump. When I tried to fit the diverter, pushing it home to the right on to the pump the rubber seals moved. And it's really tight on the dhw flow sensor.
im obviously missing something.

I use the silicon grease to stick the seals on, but can't stop them falling of as I engage the pump.

Are you putting the o-ring in the pump or on the diverter valve?

Are you putting the o-ring in the pump or on the diverter valve?

On the diverter valve. If you lads are doing it without moving the pump, it obviously can be done. But I can't get the pump engaged without the back seals moving.

It can take a few attempts, but once it's lined up, a good push will slot it in to position.

Undo the bottom left screw on the pump (not the head). This allows you to twist the pump head away from the upstand. You can then insert the diverter with about 10mm clearence on the 2 seals. You then push the whole lot back.
If the boiler still has the rubber hoses you get quite a bit of movement on the pump this way.

I've never had to do that, but I'll keep that tip for if I'm ever struggling to fit it back in properly!

theres two screws up through the bottom of the boiler that hold the pump in place if you take them out it makes changing the divertor easier half hour tops once its drained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Eco tec pro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock