Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss E.O.N. boiller job- latest laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

had a call today for new boiler quote.
customer says needs a written quote to send to EON where she will recieve all funding.

anyone know how it works? ie, how i get paid!

cheers

so, heres the latest on this...

bumped into plumber at local merchant, he used to do work for this customer and was asked to quote for the boiler.
he cant be arsed so put in high price.
talking to him, in walks another guy in the conversation. he has also quoted for the job at £1200!. he goes on to say thats just for the boiler fitting, anything else is not covered.
my quote was £1500 with 2 rads sorting that were not working.
we both took the pish and wished him well that he got the job, which he did.lol

gets a message today from customer;
hi, unfortunately E-on went for the other plumber and not you as i requested!.
he took 2 days to exchange the open vent boiler and he cant get it working and theres a problem with the 3-port valve.
i dont want to pay him the extra money to sort it out as its taken him 2 days to do it already!. he is not also sure what the fault is?
can you come and give me a quote to get it up and running again as i have no heating?

:smartass::waving:

gobsmacked to say the least and i am trying to ignore her. surely its his and E-on's problem if he wants paying?

One thing for sure mate never take what customers tell you as truth and it ain`t your problem!

I've got a feeling that there was no E-on involved in the first place. You could ask her for E-on reference number for the job.

I've got a feeling that there was no E-on involved in the first place. You could ask her for E-on reference number for the job.

oh, there is/was. i read the letter of acceptance myself and quoted to them (if it got to them?).
not contacted her yet, i think this is an un concluded contract with e-on and the installer. not third party!

Diagnosing charge, no quoting in crisp like that! Plus payment on completion to you, in writing!
Or as above, walk away.

I would go along and sort it out, charge good money for it and walk away looking like the hero.

I would go along and sort it out, charge good money for it and walk away looking like the hero.

well, every job she gets me in for has to wait untill she saves up for it (junior teacher) so, the good money wont be there!
also, she qualified for a boiler grant....says all. imo?
shes nice person tho!

well, every job she gets me in for has to wait untill she saves up for it (junior teacher) so, the good money wont be there!
also, she qualified for a boiler grant....says all. imo?
shes nice person tho!

Is she fit?

I would be wary about touching any of the work, new or original.
At the moment it is an unfinished job because the boiler isn't working properly and therefore you could easily get accused of causing a problem. That would let the plumber have an excuse to walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to E.O.N. boiller job- latest laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock