Search the forum,

Discuss Dual Flush Toilet Issues in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

The push button on my Wirquin flush stuck so in trying to release it I managed to break the button! See photos.

As it's also leaking into the pan should I just replace the whole mechanism?
If so, what is a good replacement?
And is it easy to replace?

Thanks for any help.
Steve
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG

Just untwist from carrier and install the new one

Attachments

• 1879B9D4-B54F-491A-87D0-7974BE966D80.png
    1879B9D4-B54F-491A-87D0-7974BE966D80.png
    501.1 KB · Views: 7
Yes and I think you will find the rubber washer has a bubble or two in it

Ah, yes I see a bubble on the flush valve rubber washer! Brilliant so I don't need to replace the base valve.

correct

I've received and fitted the flush valve although it isn't a direct match https://www.wirquin.co.uk/image.php...L_FLUSH_VALVES_2inch_dual_flush_mechanism.jpg.

2 issues have arisen:
1. The water was filling slightly above the overflow so I turned the 'red rod' on the inlet valve, a few turns, and now the water stops a couple of cm's before the overflow. I know it says to unclip the 'red rod' and push the float down but I had great difficulty in getting my hand in (it's tight up against the side) whilst balancing the cistern lid! I don't know if the flush button can be unclipped from the cable, in order to get the cistern lid off, but I did not want to break it.
Anyway, is turning the 'red rod' to adjust the fill okay?

2. The flush of water does not empty the cistern (can't recall if this is the same as before) although holding the button down does a better empty, so can the this be adjusted and how?

Thanks again for any help.

1. Yes that’s fine, turning the red rod is how you adjust the inlet valve.
You can remove the cable from the button by unscrewing the large plastic ‘washer’ underneath the lid. The last little bit where it has to go over the lip on the end of the button rod is the point at which an old brittle button may break - so only take it off if necessary....

2.Guess what, adjust this by turning its red rod too!

1. Yes that’s fine, turning the red rod is how you adjust the inlet valve.
You can remove the cable from the button by unscrewing the large plastic ‘washer’ underneath the lid. The last little bit where it has to go over the lip on the end of the button rod is the point at which an old brittle button may break - so only take it off if necessary.***

2.Guess what, adjust this by turning its red rod too!
Thanks Ben-gee.

1. Just had a look at the box and it appears the top part of the valve is telescopic (see photo) so I assume I can pull this out to make it longer. I could then return the red rod back to normal and let more water into the cistern. If I try this I'm not going to attempt taking off the button but will definitely need the wife to hold the pan lid instead, especially as the telescopic bit does seems rather stiff.

2. So the red rod on the flush valve adjusts the volume....just tried this and it looks like it flushes more water from the bottom now, so that's great.
IMG_4675.JPG

Reply to Dual Flush Toilet Issues in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve lifts lightly and closes giving a very short weak flush. You can manually lift the flush valve in the cistern and it moves freely, flushes fine and...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in my opinion, I have replaced the washer and complete unit several times but it always leaks within a short time (between 0-18 months), I would like to...
Replies
Views
So, I had an old and disgusting Geberit dual flush that didn't work very well, so I decided to replace it. Cistern is 110.830.00.1, so got a compatible Geberit TwinLine 240.515.00.2. I then installed that but when you press the stick to activate the flush, it starts flushing but then doesn't...
Replies
Views
Any recommendations for a push-button toilet dual flush valve, please (and must have a cable over 310mm)? Tried a Fluidmaster model but plumber says it won't fit the 2" flush pipe. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock