Discuss Drilling into a shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonytimms

I am installing a 1200 roller shower door in an alcove above a 1200 cast acrylic shower tray and the instructions say I need to drill 2 holes in the front top edge to fix a retainer clip for the side panel and a guide for the sliding door. This is making me nervous! Can I do this, and if so what kind of drill bit do I need and how will the screw attach to the tray, do I need to use a plastic lug or something because the instructions do not show this.

Regards

yes you can do this carefully. you will need a sharp hss drill, the instructions should tell you what size you need. tape the area where you need to drill with masking tape. measure carefully thinking "measure twice cut once" mark clearly on the tape. when you drill do it slowly so the drill doesn't slip. if only a certain depth is needed put some tape round the drill at that length. the screw should just screw into the tray in the holes you have drilled. oh and welcome to the forums.

Hi Steveb
Thanks for the info, looking at the screw it does seem to be a self tapper so I suppose this will connect ok with the base. Slightly less nervous now!
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drilling into a shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to find out if I can drill a larger hole in my shower tray, it’s size atm is 1 1/2 inches (38.9mm) and I want to make it 90mm to...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to this forum, was looking for advice regarding a mira flight shower tray i've just installed [diy]. After installing it, and then...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a...
Replies
Views
Back