Search the forum,

Discuss mira flight shower tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, new to this forum, was looking for advice regarding a mira flight shower tray i've just installed [diy]. After installing it, and then taking a shower, i noticed that the water was collecting at the edges and not dispersing away after a period of time.
Now this tray was a replacement for a previous tray that was sent to me but was damaged in transit. i still have that damaged tray in my front garden, so i checked the edges of the tray, and they slope away from the tray basin in the direction of the enclosure or walls if you like. So i then went to the tray thati've fitted, removed the enclosure and the installed tray is the same, i.e sloping towards the walls and glass enclosure. Surely that is not the way the edges should slope, i would have thought the edge would slope towards the drain, have any of yous came across that whilst fitting a mira tray ?
regards Gary

Reply to mira flight shower tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame. Now leaks when water gets into frame and down into downstairs wall Another plumber has sealed inside area whwre it is shown yellow , which i get is not ideal. i was going to just seal a thin...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have two hairline cracks around shower tray plug waste hole. Is this a concern ? I.e let water in etc through crack ? And any fixes or do I need a new tray? I also have suspicions that the tray was fitted without a cement or mortar bed underneath to support the tray and this is...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
I am currently doing a new build requiring 2 shower trays to use as walk in showers. The tray I currently have does not appear to have angled rims around the edges so water constantly pools at the sealant and doesn't run into the tray and drain. Can anyone recommend d a tray that does have...
Replies
Views
We have just had our second Mira shower tray 1700 x 900 fitted the last one cracked and my replaced. my husband was having a shower today. He heard a very loud crack and felt it nothing visible. It’s similar to when you would have been walking on a ice like when you hear a crack, and it makes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock