Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray drilling advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I need to find out if I can drill a larger hole in my shower tray, it’s size atm is 1 1/2 inches (38.9mm) and I want to make it 90mm to increase water removal flow

Is this possible

Yes...hole saw for plastic, diamond coated for stone. Ideally you'll need to reconstruct a false center for either bit to locate.

You may increase the size of the trap but if the waste pipe is the same diameter the water removal rate will much the same once the trap is full.

Are you sure it's the tray waste and not a blockage or restriction (too many elbows) in the waste pipe running away from the tray?

Would be a pity to fit a bigger drain in the tray only to find out it still runs slow.

What size it the pipe from the tray 32mm, 40mm or 50mm?

Are you sure it's the tray waste and not a blockage or restriction (too many elbows) in the waste pipe running away from the tray?

Would be a pity to fit a bigger drain in the tray only to find out it still runs slow.

What size it the pipe from the tray 32mm, 40mm or 50mm?

Hi thanks for your reply, I’ve removed the trap and it was clogged with sludge and hair
I’ve cleaned it and it’s a little better

My thinking was the bigger the trap the faster the water flow

The pipe is 40mm

Reply to Shower tray drilling advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Sometime ago I removed our old 1200x800 shower tray and replaced with a Stone resin one. The stone resin tray was much, much heavier than the old one. At the time I didn't give much thought to it, but now I'm wondering which type of tray it would have been. Other than it weighed no more...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to clean out my Merlyn Truestone slate shower tray waste unit. I cannot see anyway to remove it to clean underneath. I'm stuck trying to fish out debris which isn't working great. Could anyone please advise if I can remove this or a better way to clean the debris? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame. Now leaks when water gets into frame and down into downstairs wall Another plumber has sealed inside area whwre it is shown yellow , which i get is not ideal. i was going to just seal a thin...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have two hairline cracks around shower tray plug waste hole. Is this a concern ? I.e let water in etc through crack ? And any fixes or do I need a new tray? I also have suspicions that the tray was fitted without a cement or mortar bed underneath to support the tray and this is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock