Search the forum,

Discuss Dolphin Bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Anyone had any experience or comments about this company, either trade or as a customer???

Anyone had any experience or comments about this company, either trade or as a customer???
been to a few of there jobs to put stuff right do reports on defects etc they simply sub it out to teams of small traders so it realy will depend on who you get doing the work from what ive heard some of the jobs drag on despite what the salesman will tell you when after your money
Having said that they must do a vast number of jobs so theres alway gonna be horror stories you just dont hear the good ones
remember some one has to pay for the big glossy ads and the salesmans commision i would ask around local if your looking to have work done
As far as working for them ive also heard not much of the price goes to the fitters much like any company with large overheads
THE BIG ATTRACTION FOR MOST PEOPLE IS THE CREDIT THEY OFFER PAY OVER TEN YEARS HAVE IT NOW EVEN IF YOUR SKINT

Experience as a customer around 15 years ago.

Salesman called (as arranged) and kept us talking for 5 hours!!! Only way to throw him out in the end was to pay deposit and cancel cheque next day.

Among his charges was £1,500 to install a WC.

It was only after that episode that we understood how old people are suckered in by these salesman sharks.

Had another one more recently who only wanted £250 per square foot for some flooring. After checking the price with him and asking him to make sure price was correct we told him where to go in a few chosen words.

My only experience of these are through a friend.
Friend had them round to price for a new bathroom including tiling.
New w.c,basin,bath and shower over bath plus tiling floor and walls.
Total price £8970.00.Bathroom was an 8 foot by 8 footer.

Easy to see how some people get sucked in.

Graham

The advantage with companies like this is as a customer you feel safer, you (hopefully) have no stress, downside is the expense. I had them in to quote a bathroom which came in at £6k. Although very expensive there overheads for office staff etc must be huge.

I agree with totally with the previous posts. The tiler who does bits for me has worked for them and got paid peanuts (and is not a monkey!)

I worked for them as paye fitter in 2005 avoid them like swine flu they are bad news in every way possible, I would go into detail but i would be typing all night, they are bad to the customer and fitters. Stinking reputation, just google dolphin reveiws and see the horror stories.

Dispite her familys prostests, a very elderly and inferm widowed neighbour of our had them to refit her bathroom to take into account her infermitys, well they made if you will this time excuse my language " a right (NO swearing) mess of things " the floor wasn't level the fittings leaked and continued to leak dispite our fishy freinds returning time and time again all in all a totaly unuseable bathroom:(. They even had the audacity to demand full payment and threatend legal procdures from this 80 plus year old lady. It wasn't untill her Son in Law a local Painter & Decorater who is a bit of a rough diamond but a Bl--dy good P & D (who I would/will trust with my life) that was born and raised in one of the rougher and more notorious parts of Brighton, became invollved that the threats were dropped and the job shoddily completed. Like their name implies, all creatures from the sea go off very quickly and shouldn't be touch after a few days, well they have been around years:D
Don't touch them, ever, even with the proberbial and aproppiate barge pole
oldie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dolphin Bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock