Search the forum,

Discuss Do I have a leaking radiator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've an issue with a radiator in my daughter's bedroom, it was installed about 10 years ago and has constantly needed bleeding during that time, it was fitted by a mate rather than a pro.
Yesterday I felt it and it was again cool at the top and hot at the bottom, prior to bleeding I turned off the on/off valve off just to see if that would do anything.
When I got downstairs there was a drip from underneath it, I quickly turned the valve on again and the drip slowed down and stopped, it was fine for the rest of the day.
When I got up today there was a drip again which stopped on it's own and hasn't reappeared so far, the heating had been on for about an hour when I noticed it and it stopped itself, there are no obvious wet patches around the radiator although the room is prone to condensation, I've had the dehumidifier going all day.
Just need a bit of help really, if it was a leak it would be dripping all the time wouldn't it?

Reply to Do I have a leaking radiator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a worchester heat slave 18/25 and continually needs bleeding of the Kero, runs all day when bled. when it cuts out on the stat it wont start again without bleeding
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock