Search the forum,

Discuss Discharging d2 into soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello again everyone,I know you can install the d2 pipe work discharging into soil stack via a hepvo valve either in copper or polypropylene pipe work clipped every 300mm, the issue I am checking is that the cylinder I will be installing is only 45cm away from stack and I have not found any information stating if there is a minimum distance you can discharge d2 into plastic soil stack. I am just concerned about potential water temperature distorting soil stack if it was to discharge. I know you have to allow 3metres into guttering.Advice welcomed. Thanks

the distance is fine, you just need to prove the stack can take temps of 99degrees.

Cheers AWheating,

its just a grey soil pipe? I guess I will have to try and find product number usually printed on the pipe and look it up on internet then to find its heat properties.

Thanks again

Contentious issue, some local authorities interpret the building regs to allow this, others don't.

Soil pipe temps vary from manufacturer to manufacturer but they are usually around the 80° Max temp average.

I have alway taken the opinion that as AD Part G only states that -

"The discharge pipe should not be connected to a soil discharge stack unless it can be demonstrated that the soil discharge stack is capable of safely withstanding temperatures of the water discharged"
In practice how the hell are we to do that if it is a boxed in existing one?

So as long as the stack is all vertical, vented (No Durgo's), has other fittings discharging into it & is well supported, it will withstand intermittent discharge of water at 90-95 deg C. (IMHO)

I am therefore comfortable making a connection to it what ever the material (S/W or push fit).

Just a reminder to all, that this type of discharge connection is only to be used if there is no other sensible cost option available.

Last edited:
A long time ago when i subbied for kingspan. ( tribune ) i went to a site and saw a totaly distroyed soil stack by a dischargeing unvented. Ok , it might have been the cheapest soil pipe on the market but it was one hell of a mess.
I would try my best not to discharge into one , ever !!

i would worry about a discharge into a floplast svp, but a polypipe, osma etc.... should be ok. you can download data sheets from Manu websites for there current ranges.

As chris said it should only ever run to waste if normal routes are a no go.

Last edited:
The D2 should be metal, if not it must be of a product capable of with standing the temperature and be clearly marked with the product standard for temperature. Most plastic soil and waste systems do not meet the requirements.

The D2 should be metal, if not it must be of a product capable of with standing the temperature and be clearly marked with the product standard for temperature. Most plastic soil and waste systems do not meet the requirements.

Reg man I thought osma push fit was ok on D2 ,but not solvent weld of any type.

Reg man I thought osma push fit was ok on D2 ,but not solvent weld of any type.

when I first took my unvented in 2007 it 100% had to be metal pipe work for a discharge, can't remember it coming up when I renewed it so I assume that's still the case

when I first took my unvented in 2007 it 100% had to be metal pipe work for a discharge, can't remember it coming up when I renewed it so I assume that's still the case

Retook mine in March rules have changed regarding plastics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Discharging d2 into soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock