Discuss dip tube bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tr7dan

Just wondering what the function of the dip tube bend is on the o/f fitting in a bye law 30 kit?

cheers

As it dips below water level (most of the time) it stops sub-zero breezes blowing in from outside - risk of freezing supposedly. Also second line of defence after the bug screen.

As it dips below water level (most of the time) it stops sub-zero breezes blowing in from outside - risk of freezing supposedly. Also second line of defence after the bug screen.

Well done that man - stops sub zero breezes from blowing in, couldn't for the life of me figure it out

cheers

(PS. Sorry but I can't wear the stopping bugs thing, that's what everybody thinks.... but I don't see how it would stop the little blighters. Assuming they got past the mesh screen then they would just fall into the water at the end of the dip tube and drown and contaminate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dip tube bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water...
Replies
Views
Evening All, We've just moved into gas boilers (after years doing gas) and are currently tooling up. On our first install we had problems bending...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
G
Recently we had reason to replace our boiler. It was on the blink and you could only con it into coming on by first turning on the hot water and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock