Search the forum,

Discuss How do I bend oil pipe? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening All,

We've just moved into gas boilers (after years doing gas) and are currently tooling up. On our first install we had problems bending the 10mm plastic coated, white pipe. Possibly because of the sub-zero conditions the covering shattered when we bend it by hand. It measures 12mm (exterior diameter). I was wondering if I can buy an interior bending spring for 10mm or 12mm exterior spring. What do all you old hands use?

Many Thanks,

Jock

12mm bender but you need to heat the covering up with a hair dryer in cold temps as it breaks as you’ve found out

External

I have a rems swing set that goes from 12-32mm for my mlcp

Reply to How do I bend oil pipe? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then up the outside of the external wall. The ducting pipe circumference is about 32cm, so about 10cm diameter. There is no extractor fan in the kitchen. We...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have this 3.25mm lead-free grade 99c solder wire. I know that the good practice to bend the wire before soldering so you know exactly how much it is absorbed by the flux. I know too little isn't good and too much is as bad. I need to connect two 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
P
I'm building a steam punk clock and am using a thermometer pressure gauge as one of the parts. What I need to know is how can I plumb to the rod extending from the pressure gauge without using several parts. The rod diameter is 12mm and I will be using 8mm copper piping for the project...
Replies
Views
Paul Alone
P
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock