Discuss Depressurise the system ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nichos

Hi, I want to cut insert shutoff valves in the two pipes feeding the shower head. The fotos below show my OZO H/W cylinder system with two pressure cylinders. How to depressurise them to allow cutting the 15ml copper showerpipes? , or do I have to drain the HW cyclinder? .........Thanx .......nick

Last edited by a moderator:
turn off your mains stopcock and open a hot and cold tap on the ground floor, leave the rest alone your not qualified to play and do work on the system you photographed. once the hot and cold stop running cut the pipes with a towel and stop ends to hand just in case you've scwred up your pipe id and hit the rad circuit :)

You need a camera that can take colour photos!

Easiest solution is to turn the mains water stop tap off (maybe under kitchen sink). I can only see a valve there that will do the hot and the mains will do both for you as you need to do the cold too.
After you have turned it off open some taps to let the pressure out.

I know you cant tell for sure from the pics, and the fact there could be another pressure reducing valve on the cold mains but looking at the pics, its good to see another installation without balanced hot and cold! Its not that difficult to do it correctly is it?

Thought oso gave u a flexi? I wondered where balanced cold was after multi valve and why the expansion relief was fitted to the cold water draw off nrv tee and not back end of MFV?

Not familiar with oso, but assume that as tprv is low down on cyl it's got a baffle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah internal baffle, and flexi supplied on old OSo's so all is okay... External expansion probs additional or to repair a previous internal baffle fault!

Why cut iso valves into shower pipes? Cold mains isolates both supplies pretty easily?

THANK you all for the help. The mains water shutoff did the trick enabling me to open up the Aqualisa shower & change the cartridge seal. Also fitted tow inline shutoff valves for future convenience. Best wishes.

mains off all the time for me as then u can breath a bit easier when it starts to pxxs out

THANK you all for the help. The mains water shutoff did the trick enabling me to open up the Aqualisa shower & change the cartridge seal. Also fitted tow inline shutoff valves for future convenience. Best wishes.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you got on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Depressurise the system ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock