Discuss copper loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps,
A bit of a strange question this but here goes, i should no it by now but alas, i have done some jobs in some newish builds recently and after the interna rising main stop tap there is a copper pipe that loops and refits into itself, the fitting brances into a water meter then refits into like a bevel with o rings and back up into the main, if any one can understand what im on about whats its purpus and what is it ? Thanks

after the interna rising main stop tap there is a copper pipe that loops and refits into itself, the fitting brances into a water meter then refits into like a bevel with o rings and back up into the main

Are you talking about a meter bypass pipe?

sorry i have tried to upload a photo but the website wont let me,
i tried to look in the help files but i have more chance platting fog

uploading a pic is easy either upload one to photoshop and click the link up there ^ to add it from a site or use the link 2 across to upload from your pc

if that works the water comes out and back into that bevel some one called it a warwick clip but that dont sound right

Looks like an old meter set up which integrated a stop tap, non return, drain off etc... Some of them you went into the bottom of the large valve and then out the top. The large valve sends the water around the meter and then back to itself and out the top.

it all belongs to the owner of the water meter ie. your water board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to copper loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
I’m doing a bathroom refit, and there’s some strange pipework design that I’d like some advice on, please. I want to remove the cold water pipe...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping that you can give us some advice. We're in the UK, and have contracted a company to completely refit the first floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock