Search the forum,

Discuss conservatory build over existing trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobTi

Hi what would need done if a conservatory is to be built and there is a Buchan trap where its going to be built.

We were having a talk and a couple of mixed replies

1. cut pipe at top of trap and alter and bring it up outside founds, so only moving the access part
2 remove trap and alter all the piework to bring everything outside the founds

Thanks

Robert

not very good to have traps and access internally, messy if it goes wrong

Should be outside IMO. You'll only regret it when you have issues later on.

Hi thanks for the replies it wouldn't be left open inside the property, i say just cut the pipe above the trap and angle it up outside the property this trap takes the grey waste water and rain water away from the building then either rodding eye or hopper head as all that is being done is moving the vertical rodding access outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to conservatory build over existing trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock