Discuss condensate soakaway drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

feltham

what are the sizes for a condensate soakaway drain on the net they all seem different the only one that seems the same is that it has to be 1 meter from a dwelling. i was going to make my own soakaway.

can anyone tell me sizes please much thanks.

feltham, i believe its a hole, 600mm away from your house, 750mm deep, filled with charcoal based substance? with your condensate drain halfway in!

shaun

Fetham
Buy one it's a lot less hastle and they ae about £12.
The hole needs to be about 150mm deeper than the purchased soak away and 500mm away from the property, with the holes (In the soak away) facing away from the property. There is a connection for 1 1/4" and you need to fill it up and surround it with lime chippings. These are available from builders merchants and are not expensive. An easy way to make the hole is to use a 6" diamond drill. It's obviosly not meant for this but if you have one it works a treat, just be careful about what lies beneath i.e cables,pipes etc.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensate soakaway drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock