Search the forum,

Discuss Competing with the national companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Do you guys ask every new customer who does their boiler servicing? I am amazed how many households have BG servicing their boilers. Seems like they have this market pretty much tied up tbh. Do you guys manage to talk customers away from BG?

It's not easy to compete with a near billion pound company... but it's not hard to talk them away really 10 year warranty BG can't usually compete with :)

I come across lots of BG custs like most of us do however a lot of custs loose patience with how carp they are at organising anything.Just had a call tonight from a woman who pays monthly charge to BG they have utterly fudged a toilet install so i am doing it properly monday.

You need to remember a lot of useless fitters working for these companies as well.

I've managed to talk a lot of customers off BG contracts. It's not really difficult to do once you show them what the MIs require on a service and they realise that the BG engineers don't do anything more than FGA and gas rate...

I usually tell them to cancel the boiler servicing one as with a 10 year warranty on the Vogues i fit if the save ÂŁ16 pm x 12 x 10 that's emmm... a wee bit of money i point out them them that if you cancel that money off the install it's beans. :)

Had another today one of these national emergency call out firms plumber never turned up . Got a call was new float valve required quick ÂŁ90 cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Competing with the national companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm having a nightmare at the moment with lazy Homecare BG engineers but that's another story. I'm pretty competent, so looking for a bit of guidance. I have a fsb 30, yes Ive heard all the stuff about these being rubbish. it kind of works ok BUT lately (after a so called BG fix)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock