Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Compartment? What is it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backboiler

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
We all know what a compartment looks like when it comes to identifying a gas appliance installation, but what is the definition of a compartment in volume when calculating ventilation? In other words, when does a compartment become a room? Am I right in thinking that a compartment is an enclosed space under 5m[SUP]3[/SUP] ?

Last edited:
When does a compartment become a room eh? As you say anything less than 5m cubed (how did you do the cleva thing with the 3?) is regarded as a compartment, especially when purpose built to house a gas appliance. In my head it becomes a room when it's occupied for any period of time. :)

Diamondgas---- Regarding the clever 5[SUP]3[/SUP]

Go advanced instead of "Quick reply" and there's a lot more editing options available. For the above example, type 53, highlight the 3 only and press the X[SUP]2[/SUP] on the ribbon. Hey presto!

a compartment is deemed a room if you can get a table and chairs in there and occupy it for a bit if not its a compartment

Good point Gas man, but that depends on the size of the table and how many chairs

a compartment is deemed a room if you can get a table and chairs in there and occupy it for a bit if not its a compartment

I always think if occupied for any length of time ... Like a toilet ... :)

Thanks for the tip regards [SUP]advanced[/SUP]​Backboiler :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compartment? What is it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock