Search the forum,

Discuss Compartment? What is it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backboiler

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
We all know what a compartment looks like when it comes to identifying a gas appliance installation, but what is the definition of a compartment in volume when calculating ventilation? In other words, when does a compartment become a room? Am I right in thinking that a compartment is an enclosed space under 5m[SUP]3[/SUP] ?

Last edited:
When does a compartment become a room eh? As you say anything less than 5m cubed (how did you do the cleva thing with the 3?) is regarded as a compartment, especially when purpose built to house a gas appliance. In my head it becomes a room when it's occupied for any period of time. :)

Diamondgas---- Regarding the clever 5[SUP]3[/SUP]

Go advanced instead of "Quick reply" and there's a lot more editing options available. For the above example, type 53, highlight the 3 only and press the X[SUP]2[/SUP] on the ribbon. Hey presto!

a compartment is deemed a room if you can get a table and chairs in there and occupy it for a bit if not its a compartment

Good point Gas man, but that depends on the size of the table and how many chairs

a compartment is deemed a room if you can get a table and chairs in there and occupy it for a bit if not its a compartment

I always think if occupied for any length of time ... Like a toilet ... :)

Thanks for the tip regards [SUP]advanced[/SUP]​Backboiler :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compartment? What is it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
While having new French doors fitted where my window used to be, the windows fitters have come across a pipe that’s in the way. They stop work as unable to identify the pipe, does anyone know what this could be?
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and was told the regs are now retrospectively applied. This is the opposite of what I am used to. For example, if I do an electrical inspection and find a...
Replies
Views
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part of a Service to a Gas Boiler. i cant find a definitive answer... is it advisory or mandatory and if the latter, which Gas Regulation does it come...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock