Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial high pressure system, will hep couplings be stong enought? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Illuminate

illuminate
I am having to work on a concealed shower but there is no service valve and so I am having to isolate from a large mixing valve which is linked to several other showers. I am going to add a service valve to make it easier for future maintenance but the pipe connected to the shower is 15mm plastic and I have a compression service valve. I don't like using compression on plastic and so am planning to put the service valve onto copper and have a hep coupling on each end to just fix it onto the plastic pipe but I was worried that the high pressure system with a very large pump would cause the hep coupling to burst. Please can anyone enlighten me and give me the reassurance I need?

If there’s a blending valve probably Mira no point in putting a shower in best to stick with existing probably push / time accessories with fixed heads

There should be valves before the blending valve

If there’s a blending valve probably Mira no point in putting a shower in best to stick with existing probably push / time accessories with fixed heads

There should be valves before the blending valve
Thanks foe your reply, I did not explain correctly, I am keeping existing lush button but I need to change the push button itself. Strangely, there is no isolation before the mixing valve, I looked really well, following pipe route and I went further along the other side of mixing valve on both hot and cold pipes. Unusual that the original plumber hadn't added this.

Even though the water would be much below 95 degrees after being mixed, I'd rather not risk it like what you are hinting as I would be worried in the event of the mixing valve failing.

A lot of the other pipe routes to the other showers have compression ball valve isolations but like I said, I had compressing onto plastic, though it is a swimming pool area and so the main damage is a leak would be the cheap office style ceiling (whatever you call it) abd it would only weap from a compression at worst. But probably best foe me to just leave as it is and again isolate the mixing valve when they are closed.

Any further tips would be appreciated, appologies to go on.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/hep2o-hx22-15ws-ball-valve-15mm/1375f

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/hep2o-hx22-15ws-ball-valve-15mm/1375f
So this can withstand high pressure or is it the same as a standard hep fitting. Looking online it says 18 bar but does not specify the bar at different temperatures and I would be surprised if it could withstand 18 bar of pressure at high temperature.

Any help welcome?

Prob 10 bar at 50dc

Your probably over thinking this.
As current pipework is plastic and and has been/is working OK logic would suggest its within design criteria.
Have you actually tested pressure and water temperature?

I agree, you’re way over thinking this.

Cut pipe, add two inserts, install compression lever valve. And if possible clip the pipe either side of the valve.

Transitioning to copper just adds 2 more potential leak joints.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a compression on plastic leaking, however, compression on copper? A couple of hours ago.

The olive compresses the plastic pipe and creates a great seal.

Reply to Commercial high pressure system, will hep couplings be stong enought? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock