Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial Gas Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glenntaf

Hi Guys

Just looked at quoting a new gas pipe extention. The leg that needs extending terminates in 3" steel (welded). I only need to carry on the pipe in 2" which i can screw. But to do this I will need a 3" flange or reducer welding to the existing run. Does anyone know what type of welder i need to get hold of to do this and do they have to be gas safe registered? Or can I get any welding company to do this as long as I am there to decommission, retest and purge??

Cheers Glenn

edit mis-read it.

the welder doesn't need to be gas safe if you have commercial tickets

Last edited:
just a coded welder but as you say decom flush with nitrogen then your re com etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial Gas Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having a gas cooker pipe capped off. The GS registered plumber/ fitter, has told me that to do this, he’ll also have to service the combi...
Replies
Views
I have a hot water cylinder which has low carbon steel pipework to it - I have tried to add some pictures I need to replace the cylinder because...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock